Herald Reward Banners!

Discussion and feedback for in-progress backer designs; I'll start threads here as I begin work on backed concepts.
Forum rules
This subforum functions as a showcase and suggestion space for in-progress concepts. I will start threads here as I begin work on a design, and everyone is welcome to post suggestions and other feedback =).

Re: Herald Reward Banners!

Postby Vryl » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:44 pm

Well, if you're throwing it open for random people to suggest bonuses, I think giving +1 to maximum meat and growth for the potato banner would be good. After all, what goes better with some meat and veggies than mashed potatoes? :P

The hypnotic vortex, maybe reduce hero ward defense by one? It can't be easy to concentrate with all those eyes watching you.
Vryl

Postby Kenku » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:42 pm

Swords Id say either give an bonus max to Gear, or an attack bonus to gear costing minions. Raven I could see something to do with Darkness or something...
Kenku

Postby Wezabi » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:11 pm

For the "Purple with Gray skulls and Bones" I'd say have something to boost power. Either have skeletal units do slightly more damage. Or have a low chance (5%?) for low-leveled heroes to turn into skeletons and patrol until death. You could also have the eyes of the banner glow red when a hero is turned.
Wezabi

Postby Jake » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:32 am

Vryl wrote:I think giving +1 to maximum meat and growth for the potato banner would be good. After all, what goes better with some meat and veggies than mashed potatoes? :P

Meat and potatoes sounds good to me =). I might set the bonus a little higher (+5 each?), because I think some of the other bonuses I've been considering would be significantly more attractive. I'm sure these things will be balanced a little as we go forward, though.

Vryl wrote:The hypnotic vortex, maybe reduce hero ward defense by one? It can't be easy to concentrate with all those eyes watching you.

This also seems pretty reasonable.

Kenku wrote:Swords Id say either give an bonus max to Gear, or an attack bonus to gear costing minions. Raven I could see something to do with Darkness or something...

"Gear-costing minions" is kind of an awkward qualifier, because after you purchase the minion, there's no sure way to tell that they required gear; it's not like skeletons where there's a little bone icon on their codex page to qualify them as a skeleton. Perhaps we can find another existing qualifier? I think maybe a melee bonus to "offensive" minions--this is part of the new role guideline description, used to indicate characters that have high damage output relative to their defenses (barbarians, archers). Or maybe a melee bonus to human characters? It doesn't have to just be a melee bonus, but attack bonuses are a pretty big add, and both of these categories of characters could be pretty large.

Wezabi wrote:For the "Purple with Gray skulls and Bones" I'd say have something to boost power. Either have skeletal units do slightly more damage. Or have a low chance (5%?) for low-leveled heroes to turn into skeletons and patrol until death. You could also have the eyes of the banner glow red when a hero is turned.

Bringing heroes back would be cool, but it might be more difficult to balance against other banners. Maybe we'll try it, and if it feels just a little over-powered, we can add a disadvantage. If it feels like too much, then we can scale back to the other idea.
Jake
Site Admin

Postby Kenku » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:07 pm

Jake wrote:
Kenku wrote:Swords Id say either give an bonus max to Gear, or an attack bonus to gear costing minions. Raven I could see something to do with Darkness or something...

"Gear-costing minions" is kind of an awkward qualifier, because after you purchase the minion, there's no sure way to tell that they required gear; it's not like skeletons where there's a little bone icon on their codex page to qualify them as a skeleton. Perhaps we can find another existing qualifier? I think maybe a melee bonus to "offensive" minions--this is part of the new role guideline description, used to indicate characters that have high damage output relative to their defenses (barbarians, archers). Or maybe a melee bonus to human characters? It doesn't have to just be a melee bonus, but attack bonuses are a pretty big add, and both of these categories of characters could be pretty large.

Offensive or "Aggresive" minions would work, although the other thought would be minions who wield melee weapons, like the Dark Elves, Gobbos and Mercs in the starting levels.
Kenku

Previous

Return to Work in Progress