Fast paced, could use a pause

Fast paced, could use a pause

Postby argh226 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:58 pm

Hi,
Id like comment from everybody on this :

How much time do you have to see where are enemies incoming and located ? Not much for my part, also, even with mini map its not always pretty obvious, although the idea is great.

So here is my idea :

What about to use the space bar (or whatever) to pause the game and take a quick time to your resources, so that you choose more carefully instead of making a mistake and take the wrong room, and to have an idea feeling on how your creature are doing?
Of course it also means that you need to hide the puzzle part itself in order not to "cheat" and schedule many moves.

What do you think?
M.J.
argh226

Re: Fast paced, could use a pause

Postby Jake » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:50 pm

The demo was intentionally faster-paced, because there wasn't much you could actually do in the dungeon itself. The focus was squarely on the puzzle, because there were no items to deploy or parties to build, so you were best served by puzzling a bunch and buying whatever you could, as quickly as possible. As additional mechanics are introduced, the pacing will be adjusted substantially, because I want to encourage players to interact with the dungeon and not just spend all of their time making matches =).

I've discussed this with a couple of other backers now, but one big change I'm considering (you probably won't see this in the initial alpha launch) is that heroes will all gather on the surface during a "nighttime" phase, and then trickle down into your dungeon come morning--once they've all entered, the day will slowly change over to night again, and another group will gather outside the dungeon. This would mean larger waves, but with substantial down time between them; this way, you would be encouraged to assess your situation (you can see the types of heroes amassing above), plan a strategy, and make matches during the night, when your dungeon is relatively empty, and then focus on your upper dungeon come morning, when you need to be tossing in health potions or carefully choosing minions and traps.

I haven't decided if I want to allow pausing. On the one hand, I know players would love to be able to pause and browse the codex mid-game, but it does raise a cheating issue--as you've noted--, and there's also the fact that this is a pretty short-session game; if you fail because you couldn't pause, it's not typically a big deal, because you haven't lost anything long-term and can just play another round.
Jake
Site Admin

Postby Vryl » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:18 pm

Like argh226 said, you can hide the board to avoid cheating. That way if someone calls, the doorbell rings or you just really want to take a look at this nifty artifact you just found to decide if it's worth putting into one of the item slots, you can put things on hold and all that you'll be able to see is the codex.

Could also be useful for stretching your fingers in the middle of a long run, though you do have to be careful to make sure you don't just wreck your stride!
Vryl

Postby argh226 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:45 am

I would add something else to the day/night cycle, you were speaking of werewolves creatures on which are only werewolf at night, therefore might turn to be useless if heroes are only gathering outside at night. This should be another topic though.

Anyway, I believe the whole project itself is amazing and I'm quite happy to see it moving forward.
M.J.
argh226

Postby Jake » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:35 am

argh226 wrote:I would add something else to the day/night cycle, you were speaking of werewolves creatures on which are only werewolf at night, therefore might turn to be useless if heroes are only gathering outside at night. This should be another topic though.

You might think of the werewolves (and other night creatures and buffs) as overtime bonuses; if you haven't cleared your dungeon by the following night, these things would help finish off heroes faster, so that you can have that breathing time before the next morning. The length of the day/night cycle will probably vary a bit depending on when the last heroes enter your dungeon in the morning and how far into a session you are. We'll see how it plays out in alpha =).
Jake
Site Admin

Postby Xaxio » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:17 am

I was playing the demo yesterday, but then my phone rang :( And then I had to use the restroom. I really would like a pause button, please.
http://xkcd.com/1285 -- Are you a single space or double space kind of person?
Xaxio

Postby Jake » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:31 pm

Okay, okay, maybe I'll throw in some pause functionality during the alpha =).
Jake
Site Admin

Postby shockedder » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:50 am

Sorry for the zombie, however +1 for the pause.
I'd suggest that the Space key for pause, with hiding of the tyrant's hoard as several posters have suggested.
The current approach does not work for me, because I want to be able to browse the Codex mid-game, and that so far is not possible :(
shockedder

Postby Jake » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:52 am

I think I will make the codex available on the current pause menu--maybe today.
Jake
Site Admin

драйвер на mf4400 windows 7

Postby Robertcetry » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:51 pm

Более подробно этот процесс описан в статье, как отыскать последние версии драйверов. Обязательно учтите, что все драйвера для usb должны предоставляться бесплатно, ежели для вас дают купить, это сходу должно заставить задуматься.
Перезагрузите компьютер и принтер после переустановки драйвера, чтобы окончить настройку программного обеспечения в Windows.
После чего откроется окно выбора типа установки щелкаем мышкой по пт полная установка. Для начала хватит и его, но почти все опосля перебегают на наиболее удобные и скорые варианты.
Драйверы ODBC Microsoft Access
С почтением, автор материала Тониевич Андрей. Публикации данного материала на остальных информационных ресурсах разрешаются исключительно со ссылкой на источник и с указанием создателя
Сохраняем установщик драйвера в подходящей нам папке.
После того как диск записан, загрузитесь с него.
Далее, устанавливая драйвер, в инсталляционном окне Вам будет предложено подключить принтер, после этого комп, определив устройство продолжит установку драйвера принтера. В общем пока выход нашел последующий,поставил виртуальную машину то же с Windows 7 x64 драйвера встали от принтера Canon MF3010 просто,настроил сеть между виртуальной машиной и обыденным компом, расшарил принтер и вот печатаю получается по сети.
Наши сотрудники участвовали в роли экспертов в съемках специального репортажа о мошенничестве при вызове компьютерных мастеров на дом.
Как установить драйвера для Windows 8
LCD overdrive .
издавна необходимо было избавляться от ХР
ГТА Мафия
Прикрепленные файлы
Надежный крипто-помощник
Как обнавить драйвера для видеокарты на игру майнкрафт
И уже в ней, избираем ставя галочку напротив что нам нужно включить либо же отключить.
Теперь закрывайте консоль и перезагружайте ПК.
Как настроить комп.Настройка компа всегда принципиальна для неотказной работы системы.Для этого нужно иметь верный подход как к программке,так и аппаратному компоненту.Потому мы попытаемся обучить вас,настроить компьютер на максимальную производительность,чтоб вы получали только удовольствие от работы на нем.
Раскрывается Средство записи образов дисков Windows. Из выпадающего перечня выбираете нужный привод, ежели у вас их несколько и нажимаете Записать
Как установить драйвер
Графический интерфейс файла protect.exe.
Драйвер для Intel Management Engine Interface и Turbo Boost
Какой телефон лучше приобрести в 2015 году
В этом разделе объясняется, как применять опции ASIO4ALL.
Но несмотря на это люди, в особенности новички, приобретающие ноутбук, опосля того как начинают его осваивать, задаются вопросцем о том, как включить камеру на ноутбуке . Вообщем, по статистике, конкретно с камерой ноутбука возникает большая часть проблем в этом устройстве. Однако, эти трудности можно очень легко решить без помощи профессионалов в данной области или ремонта ноутбука.
Ремонт и прошивка игровых приставок FreeBoot XBOX 360 в Донецке
Как включить wi-fi, остальные нюансы
Сведения об оборудовании компа содержатся в описании технических черт модели вашего компьютера. Сделайте поиск на веб-сайте Службы поддержки клиентов HP по наименованию модели компа со словом свойства. Например, ежели модель вашего настольного компьютера HP Pavilion HPE h8-1360t, следует ввести фразу технические свойства h8-1360t.
Завершив сеанс и отключившись от беспроводной сети, перенастройте телефон таким образом, чтобы он опять сумел подключаться к сети через сеть сотовой связи.
Скопируйте URL приложения в адресную строчку браузера.
подключение одновременно нескольких компов к веб
Подключение K Line адаптера и пример использования программы VAG-COM
в связи с полным пересозданием BCD необходимо поновой настроить среду восстановления.

“даетсЯ удалить выбранный драйвер указанный драйвер принтера занЯт
„райвер нокиа 308
„райвера sata длЯ чипсетов от intel
Ђндроид n8000 драйвер
Razer kraken 7.1 драйвера

ѓде драйвера интернета
„райвер на nokia xpressmusic
„райвера на цифровой фотоаппарат
Xerox phaser 3121 драйвер длЯ windows 10
„райвер на ноутбук acer aspire 5552g

„райвер длЯ nvidia geforce gts 250
Samsung rv408 драйвера торрент