Ideas (Endless WIP)

Have a spare idea for others to consider backing (or that you just think I should add)? This is the place for un-backed concepts.
Forum rules
I've created this subforum to help distinguish between concepts that have been backed and ones which are just open suggestions. This section is for unbacked concepts; backed concepts will receive more priority (after all, backers are paying me to work on them), but I still want to encourage people to post other ideas here!

If you have backed your idea (or plan to do so), it should be posted over here, instead =). If you like what you see here, consider backing it with an appropriate pledge!

Re: Ideas (Endless WIP)

Postby Sol_Protege » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:02 pm

Jake wrote:The background boss with eight heroes--four on either side--sounds pretty cool, but I don't think it'll work out so well, mechanically. Maybe if we bring a head or appendage out of the background, hovering in the middle of the battle, so that the heroes could still strike at it? This is just a fun thing to think about; I don't know that it would actually work out so well.

Yea, the slot idea ThirdAnquis suggested seems simpler and more practical. You could then then use minion combinations again (granted the boss takes up less than 4 slots and there's a slot open).

For abilities, will there be some sort of visual cue during combat to let the player know its been activated? Like a hero yelling out a special move or to make things simple, a text box that pops up with the abilities name below/above the unit?
Sol_Protege

Re: Ideas (Endless WIP)

Postby Jake » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:31 pm

Sol_Protege wrote:For abilities, will there be some sort of visual cue during combat to let the player know its been activated? Like a hero yelling out a special move or to make things simple, a text box that pops up with the abilities name below/above the unit?

Are you asking about abilities in general, or the boss's? All abilities have some sort of animation involved so that you can see that something is happening. Even the passive abilities (like the heretic's buff to wards) will have the character doing something (for example, chanting), and you'll see the effect in some way (a +ward symbol pops up over each character, in this case). The abilities don't actually have internal names, because names take up screen real-estate, which is very precious with these large pixels. If, after I have all of the essential information in place, it seems I could give everything a short name, then I might go back through and do that, but the codex is going to be packed as-is.
Jake
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Spare Concepts