Prophecy Requirements?

Found a problem? See a mistake? Report it here, please!

Prophecy Requirements?

Postby ThirdAnguis » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:52 pm

I'm trying to unlock the Fertility Fetish, which requires I make 20 goblins. So I created a goblin-heavy dungeon, anticipating that I would rush through that prophecy. Except that only base "Goblin" units count for the prophecy -- Goblin Sneaks and Goblin Miners do not, even though they are also Goblins. Is this a bug or working as intended?
ThirdAnguis

Re: Prophecy Requirements?

Postby Jake » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:08 pm

This is not a bug, but it is also not ideal. Any prophecy requirement that lists a unit type is referring exclusively to that unit type; they tap the same stat-tracking that keeps count of each unit type, so they don't have any means of looking at other unit types and adding them up. I can try moving some of these prophecy requirements over to looking at traits, but I will have to adjust the language a little, to make it clear to players that the traits are what count. I decided not to work on this approach before, however, because I am not certain I want to have both trait-based goals and single-unit goals (could be confusing), and trait-based goals may not be flexible enough.

Alternatively, I could consider checking anything with "goblin" in the name, but this will require other significant changes; the progress will have to monitor an indeterminate number of stats, when everything currently maps one-to-one. I think this solution is ultimately clearer from a player's perspective, because they wouldn't have to check traits; when they recruit something with "goblin" in the name, it counts as a goblin, the way they'd expect.
Jake
Site Admin

Re: Prophecy Requirements?

Postby Jake » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:09 pm

Okay, I just put up a minor update (2015.03.02b) that makes the second change. Now, anything with "goblin" (or "kobold" or "gremlin") in the name should qualify when that is all that is specified. Thanks!
Jake
Site Admin

Return to Bug Reports