Introductions!

Whatever doesn't belong, belongs here =)!

Introductions!

Postby Jake » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:10 am

I would like to invite all forum members to introduce themselves to the community here. This is not a necessity, but simply an opportunity to foster community growth while compelling strangers to read about whatever comes out of your fingertips.

My name is Jake Huhman, and I am the lead whatever on Tomb of Tyrants. I've been writing games as a hobby for a majority of my life, starting with simple console-style RPGs and AGI games and working toward somewhat more impressive console-style RPGs and Tomb of Tyrants. I've actually worked on hundreds of game projects spanning a wide variety of genres, settings, and topics, but full-time game development is a more recent life adjustment. I've also written law and library software, neither of which were quite so fun and interesting =).

Some of my favorite games include Baldur's Gate 2, Thief 2, and the Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall (I did a lot of modding on this as a child), but I try to play a fair variety of stuff, and I have a very difficult time picking favorites. Tell me about yourselves!
Jake
Site Admin

Re: Introductions!

Postby Vryl » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:47 am

Hello, everyone. I just go by Vryl online, and mostly play games instead of writing my own. I still enjoy getting into the nuts and bolts of balance and sometimes poke people with ideas that are a little more creative than 'you should add a point of defense to this unit'.

I play quite a variety of games, and unlike our Fearless Leader I don't seem to have an obsession with the number '2'. :lol: As Jake said it can be hard to pick out favorites, but I think I'm fairly safe in putting Super Metroid, Final Fantasy 6 (or 3, as it was released for the SNES) and a pair of indies on the list: a dungeon crawler roguelike known as Dungeons of Dredmor, and a mine-building, loot-hauling quasi-board game called Delve Deeper. It's easy to see why I'd want a game about constructing my own dungeon so I can tell adventurers "Congratulations! You died!"
Vryl

Postby Xaxio » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:30 pm

:D Hi! I'm Xaxio. I love writing documentation.

My gaming tastes run similar to those of Vryl. Also, I enjoy matching games such as Tower of Saviors, Kalevala, Fruit Drops 2, Trism, Puzzle Quest 2, et. al.

I often participate in design, format, logic, and gameplay discussions. I'm a stickler for standards and accessibility.
http://xkcd.com/1285 -- Are you a single space or double space kind of person?
Xaxio

Postby Kenku » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:45 pm

Hello all, I am Kenku, or as thoes who are the furry world may know me William "Kenku" Swiftfoot. I am a gaming derp many a times, which depending on how well my funds are can range from video games, to TCGs, to Pen and Paper games, to LARPs.

My Gaming tastes run the gambuit, although I have always had a love for racing, and of puzzilers, which one such(Yohoho Puzzle Pirates) was really my first F2P MMO I got really into as a kid. Currently my big games although are capture point MOBAs (LoL: Dominion, Infinite Crisis: Gotham Heights) but I do take time out to play Puzzle and Dragons and Bejeweled Blitz.

I am always a person that is happy to help design games, and am currently also a design ref for Collossal Kaiju Combat.

Outside of the gaming world, I love weather, and am a bit of a fur.
Kenku

Postby ThirdAnguis » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:11 pm

Heyo! I'm ThirdAnguis, though I also go by Makuru and Frazier. I'm a contributor to Horrible People Games, a new card game company who people in the My Little Pony fandom may recognize as the creators of Twilight Sparkle's Secret Shipfic Folder. Mostly I an an ideas guy who pitches a dozen different off the wall ideas and leaves it to other people to vet them, though I'm also pretty good at on the spot suggestions and edits when something seems amiss!

I don't play many games these days, but I spend an awful lot of time on Risk of Rain when I do!
ThirdAnguis

Postby Deis » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:36 pm

Hi all my name is Brandon my game handle or character name i go by is Deis. Its an homage to the breath of fire series the game series that introduced me to video games back on the PlayStation. I play a wide variety of games as well though my favorites tend to run to puzzle rpg hybrids or strategy rpgs. Magic tcg nerd here lol. Im currently playing World of warcraft(pc),Mario dream team(3ds),Rogue Galaxy(ps2), and just starting out with the road not taken on ps4. My psn tag is Jukai22.
Deis

Postby Nagoragama » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:30 am

Hey guys, I'm Jason, known online as Nagoragama, among other things. I've been a gamer since my early years, starting on the NES. I'm also a big fan of table-top, board, and collectible card games (Magic: The Gathering is my drug of choice).

I work in IT at hospitals and am something of a writer, though strictly in an amateur capacity. I'm into music, classical music mainly; I'm interested in music history. I'm a big fan of indie music as well.

As for my favorite games, I love sand-box type games. Terraria is my favorite, and I've spent a lot of time in Minecraft as well. I love Pokemon and "Metroidvania" type games.
Nagoragama

Postby Slanks » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:06 pm

Hey all, I'm Hayden, I'm an engineering student, hockey fanatic and co-founder of a startup called Suncayr (shameless plug). I love pretty much all video games, my favorite is far and away the Mass Effect series, some other favorites are Fez and Bastion. I wish I could be more involved in the world of making games but I lack the talent, so backing on kickstarter is my little way of contributing. I also pledged to the pier allowing me to design a banner so thank you Jake for giving me my tiny little way of contributing to a game :D
Slanks

Postby CherryScary » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:37 pm

'Ello. I'm Cherry, and I'm a relative newcomer to gaming. I didn't get super into gaming until college, which means I missed out on a lot of the "classics" (however you may define that.

I do, however, write for a site called Invisible Gamer, and I actually host a youtube show for them about Kickstarter games, which is how I ended up here. :P
I enjoy character creation, which results in me coming up with cool roleplaying/novel characters and then having them never go anywhere, but that's ok. Im a lot better at plugging my characters into other people's worlds (which is why I will never DM.)

My favorite games include Journey, League of Legends, Persona 4, and Mass Effect. Yup.
CherryScary

Postby Sol_Protege » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:40 am

Hey guys, I'm a slacker-backer who goes by Sol, and I'm currently studying towards a Information Systems degree at my local college. Huge puzzle/adventure/exploration game fanatic. Particularly ones you can play on a handheld i.e Cave Story, Fire Emblem, Shovel Knight, Guacamelee etc. or on PC (like Dark Souls)

I lucked upon this kickstarter when I got bored of searching through Kickstarters main browser (which is awful) and began looking through the backed projects of developers I planned to support in the future (particularly one called Aegis Defenders by GUTS Department) which led me to this amazingly unknown gem. I was surprised when I saw that the introduction video was actually a play through, which was a great idea, and instantly got me interested in the demo which ultimately led me to pledge towards this project. heh
Sol_Protege

Next

Return to General Banter